Results of the vote: Ruleset-changes

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Re: Results of the vote: Ruleset-changes

Post by Flo »

We havent talked about that yet. I guess we ll wait until the month testing period is over and then consider how to deal with this.
For now, we ll have two three separated lists.

Vivec
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Post by Vivec »

In other speedrunning communities categories like this do not overlap. Meaning 3 seperate leaderboards that have no influence on one another.

livia
In-game name: Livia La Jolie

Post by livia »

Vivec wrote:In other speedrunning communities categories like this do not overlap. Meaning 3 seperate leaderboards that have no influence on one another.
+1

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

I believe categories should just be separate.

About the minimap, when we discussed those changes with the mods I believe we were talking about targeting only, but it was months ago, and only 3 mods were present.

Overall, I think a vote like this is meaningless. The mod meeting was a simple discussion and share of opinions, we never talked about voting. A formal vote only makes sense if it's a popular vote or done by a set of people who represent the views of the community evenly.

I would even go as far as to question whether the vote was done with clear knowledge of its outcome, just to give legitimacy to a random and arbitrary rule change.

Flo

Post by Flo »

Stop trying to argue "people didnt know what they voted for when they said no to toolbox minimap in general". They did. We all did.

Contesting a method that led to a decision you dont like after it has been decided is so #usa2k16...

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

Flo wrote:Contesting a method that led to a decision you dont like after it has been decided is so #usa2k16...
If you think that dissent is new, you need to brush up on your history. I for one have been saying for ages that we need greater representation than just 5 unelected mods who never meet up to discuss anything.
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Vivec
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Post by Vivec »

I won't really join a discussion on this but i really really doubt that a vote made on a miniscule prior notice after the discussion about the topics took place three months ago with one line voting options without further clarification or a timeline to clarify stuff is very hard to contest.

Flo

Post by Flo »

I am out for about 2 weeks now, I ve exams and I ll go on holiday. Do nothing, everyone flames, do something, everyone flames...

Last words from me for a longer time:
The ban on TB minimap was obvious and justified. Everyone knew it was coming. Even if we decided not to ban TB minimap, there would ve still been people flaming. Just other ones.
We have 1 single record so far that is using one of the new categories. We could anticipate 100 problems, figure out solutions for them and implement complicated new rules. Or we just wait 1 month, see how it works out, and THEN figure out how to proceed further. Absolutely nothing happened for 2 years, now give this 1-2 months to settle down.

Now ask @Mike @Marcin @Nika why they voted for which option, what THEY think should be done regarding all the questions asked in this thread and if they think we need to take action immidiately. If 3 or more of them decide they would prefer a different approach than me - sure, go ahead, I ll accept the majoritys decision. Maybe other people should do the same.

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

Flo wrote:Stop trying to argue "people didnt know what they voted for when they said no to toolbox minimap in general". They did. We all did.
Vivec wrote:[...]a vote made on a miniscule prior notice after the discussion about the topics took place three months ago with one line voting options without further clarification or a timeline to clarify stuff[..]
^
Flo wrote:Contesting a method that led to a decision you dont like after it has been decided is so #usa2k16...
There was no right time for me to contest. I knew the vote was a thing when the outcome was already decided.
Flo wrote:I am out for about 2 weeks now, I ve exams and I ll go on holiday. Do nothing, everyone flames, do something, everyone flames...
I'm not flaming, I'm discussing.
Flo wrote:The ban on TB minimap was obvious and justified. Everyone knew it was coming.
That's only your opinion, and "everyone" is only the people you play with. My opinion is different and shared by most people I play with.
Flo wrote:Even if we decided not to ban TB minimap, there would ve still been people flaming. Just other ones.
Change "flaming" with "disagreeing" and yea, of course. But the goal is to have the least amount of people in disagreement.
Flo wrote:Now ask @Mike @Marcin @Nika why they voted for which option, what THEY think should be done regarding all the questions asked in this thread and if they think we need to take action immidiately. If 3 or more of them decide they would prefer a different approach than me - sure, go ahead, I ll accept the majoritys decision. Maybe other people should do the same.
I am interested in other people's opinion, but this won't solve the issue imho. The mod team is biased and was not chosen as a representative group. We were chosen to enforce rules, not make them.

Jang
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Jang »

First off I personally don't mind the new rules thats why I didn't complain but I can't speak for the comunity.

I was not playing when the TB minimap issues occured and havn't tried it yet either so I can't speak on that but I believe has and misty are right that the current mods do not represent the comunity evenly (imo at all) and therefore shouldn't really have the right to make any rule changes on their own. Even Marcin told me that he doesn't give a fuck about the new rules.

People however didn't complain because you are trying to make changes but because you are trying to enforce the changes YOU would like to see. Has and Marcin both had the right to vote and seem unhappy with either the outcome of the poll or what it has led to.
Maybe you should reconsider the way of collecting their opinions. I mean at the end of the day it's not very satisfying to get to vote yes or no on another persons ideas.