Results of the vote: Ruleset-changes

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Cruz
In-game name: Ashei Cruz
Guild: IT

Re: Results of the vote: Ruleset-changes

Post by Cruz »

haskhasin wrote:We were chosen to enforce rules, not make them.
I'm very surprised this even has to be said. Since our rule set is arbitrary from the get go, shouldn't it be obvious that the people involved should have a say in how we want them? Let's be fair, the amount of people who even care about gw speedruns is small, and those who compete for them are even fewer. These are the people who should be involved in shaping the rules and ensuring this happens should be a priority for the moderators.
I'm having a hard time seeing how we are helped by having a set few individuals (who just happen to all share the same views on some of our most divisive issues) decide what's best for us instead of allowing us to make a group decision.
I'm having an even harder time accepting this when most of them are not even prepared to account for the decisions they made (not directed at you, Flo).

Eva is impressed
In-game name: Quarante Six
Guild: REV

Post by Eva is impressed »

Yeah like I already said earlier I think mods should only be there to edit the record threads (and eventually remove the dick pics or kitchen spams). The suggestion threads like those Misty, Nika or I posted are open to everyone.

That being said allowing the map in records is fucking retarded but that's expected from those who didn't see anything wrong with targeting ghosts.

Cruz
In-game name: Ashei Cruz
Guild: IT

Post by Cruz »

Wait, who's suggesting any form of tool-assisted targeting should be allowed? Last I checked it looked like we had come to an agreement on that part.

Kaspar
In-game name: Noobish Was Me
Guild: FBGM

Post by Kaspar »

I think TAS ruleset should be enhanced with something like "all objectives must be completed for a record to be valid". The category will devolve to retardedness pretty quickly otherwise (someone can get the dhuum quest out of king and then only does wastes etc.).

Or maybe the idea was to make a joke out of the category in the first place idk...

Vivec
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Post by Vivec »

It's pretty obvious that's the objective there. This whole thing is halfcooked without the slightest community input so far, what did you expect?

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

Kaspar wrote:I think TAS ruleset should be enhanced with something like "all objectives must be completed for a record to be valid"
RIP Jadoth skip =P
someone can get the dhuum quest out of king and then only does wastes
Is that actually possible? I'm definitely not suggesting it should be accepted for TAS records, but can it really be done, and if so how??
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Kaspar

Post by Kaspar »

Misty wrote:Is that actually possible? I'm definitely not suggesting it should be accepted for TAS records, but can it really be done, and if so how??
http://gwscr.fbgmguild.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=666

I can't tell if it's good photoshop work or if it's real. If it is real, no idea how to accomplish this.

Kaspar

Post by Kaspar »

A simple dialog won't do it, gw checks for prerequisites being completed. If that check can be bypassed somehow though, then you can see how this can affect the TAS category pretty hard.

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

but that's what the TAS category is for, in my opinion.

K A O S Theory
In-game name: N Op E
Guild: A Diff One From 10min ago

Post by K A O S Theory »

now i can bring out all my d4nk spl0itz and take over gwscr :twisted: