Eva's Proposal

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Eva is impressed
In-game name: Quarante Six
Guild: REV

Eva's Proposal

Post by Eva is impressed »

Hello I'm here to bring some sense into this website.

1) The "area complete = gate to next area must open" rule for DoA is absolutely retarded and needs to be changed to "chest spawns". Spawning the end chest/acquiring end loots is what SC was created for. When we clear inner city in casuals we don't just go "lol was fun cya" then hit F12+enter (except maybe FBGM since that's how they time their casuals).

2) For a long time during Prophecies ToPK was seen as the pinnacle of PvE gameplay. And now it's disappeared from any official document and we get fucking missions + bonus instead? Are you kidding me? This needs to be fixed asap.

This is something Livia and I will discuss during the next mods meeting, but I'd love to hear what the 10 other people in the community also think.

Thank you for your attention,
Marcin's dad

Vivec
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Re: Eva's Proposal

Post by Vivec »

Hello.

Even if I think you may be trolling which might not be the best idea to get some actual life back into this site, I'll leave you my thoughts to your two points:

1) For FoW and UW you need to complete all quests (which incidentilly spawns the endchest, good job!) but for DoA you need to complete all quests and kill Jadoth, because you arbitrarily decided that the "complete" condition is to spawn all chests and not to complete the quests? How is that any different and why should it be changed after years of DoA records? Just to invalidate them all for extremely good reasons which you did not name?

Why not change the FoW timing to "everyone opened their chests", not like people do runs and then f12 and enter without opening their chests. /s

2) Post your awesome TopK record in Mission records. I'll be sure to watch it. What about Sorrows Furnace tho? During Prophecies times it was actually hailed as the pinnacle of PvE because TopK didn't exist. Please, no one does these, if you want, just post it, and I bet it will be added to some extremely important thread somewhere that no one ever reads.

In addition I want to say: This is a very well thought out thread. You really brought good arguments to support your ideas that totally convinced me. /s

livia
In-game name: Livia La Jolie

Post by livia »

WoW vivec, that was rude. Can't you read that he is Marcin's dad, so probably not so much smarter than his kid ?

But seriously i agree with vivec on that. ToPK was never forbided (as far as i know), but there is not so much interest in it & probably not so much potential.
Finally, i wouldn't have been against "chest spawn" rule, but 6 years ago. I do not think that it mater which rule it is & for historical reason i would rather keep the current rules.

Let's focus our energy to remove auto pcons / map / movement macro / skill macro / usuall fbgm cheats from record.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

Eva i read ur post with great interest and agree with all points. Rest asure i will make These points reality since idc about other mods opinions!

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

Eva is impressed wrote:When we clear inner city in casuals we don't just go "lol was fun cya" then hit F12+enter (except maybe FBGM since that's how they time their casuals).
I argued against this when we started recording our times, but it turned out there was a good reason that had nothing to do with records =P You'r right though - a DoA run includes Jadoth being killed.
Vivec wrote:1) For FoW and UW you need to complete all quests (which incidentilly spawns the endchest, good job!) but for DoA you need to complete all quests and kill Jadoth, because you arbitrarily decided that the "complete" condition is to spawn all chests and not to complete the quests? How is that any different and why should it be changed after years of DoA records? Just to invalidate them all for extremely good reasons which you did not name?

Why not change the FoW timing to "everyone opened their chests", not like people do runs and then f12 and enter without opening their chests. /s
It's not really an arbitrary decision... killing Jadoth is required to progress the Mallyx quest. Completing the quests is insufficient to complete any of the other areas of DoA (you have to kill the end boss as well) so your point is incorrect. The actual goal for record completion is to open all 4 gates.
Eva is impressed wrote:2) For a long time during Prophecies ToPK was seen as the pinnacle of PvE gameplay. And now it's disappeared from any official document and we get fucking missions + bonus instead? Are you kidding me? This needs to be fixed asap.

This is something Livia and I will discuss during the next mods meeting, but I'd love to hear what the 10 other people in the community also think.

Thank you for your attention,
Marcin's dad
There is no way this is not a troll xD but I'm gonna respond to it anyway: a huge problem for recording ToPK times is that you don't get a clear notification when you finish... unless you have The Darknesses as a ZB quest, which is a stupid requirement for a record.
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Ima Go Farm Now
In-game name: Ima Go Farm Now
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Ima Go Farm Now »

there is an end timer in topk

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

You mean the "you will be returned to the outpost" thing? I'd forgotten about that... does it appear at the exact moment you finish?
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Cruz
In-game name: Ashei Cruz
Guild: IT

Post by Cruz »

Just record a video, problem solved.

Vivec
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]