Nika's Proposal

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Vivec
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Re: Nika's Proposal

Post by Vivec »

As for seconds-based records... well, personally I like the tradition of using the /age because it's something Guild Wars gives us, and gives us something special for our community compared to other games. I can see the merits of more accurate timing, but until we reach a consensus on this thread, and you make a rule for videos to be required, talking about seconds is fruitless.
Regarding this: It is not as rare as I thought and maybe someone else thinks. One of the bigger speedrunning communities (*cough* Pokemon *cough*) just changed their timing method from using Ingame Time to Realtime. The reasons are plentiful, but similar to what people that are voting for second based records are saying here. Minute based records gave the leaderboard a shitload of ties and to improve you needed to cut a significant amount of time from your run. Also a reason GW is not affected by would be that resets (be it for deaths and you saved beforehand or RNG manipulation or whatever) would not accurately be measured by the IGT.

So, we are not as unique as we may have thought we are and as you said, Misty, we need a mature discussion without people starting to throw insults left and right to see what the actually active part of this community would prefer. But I have my doubts if such a discussion is even possible.

K A O S Theory
In-game name: N Op E
Guild: A Diff One From 10min ago

Post by K A O S Theory »

Vivec wrote: Regarding this: It is not as rare as I thought and maybe someone else thinks. One of the bigger speedrunning communities (*cough* Pokemon *cough*) just changed their timing method from using Ingame Time to Realtime...
Yup, the major guy whos pushing the factions full speedrun (Vincento) came from the pokemon speedrun ppl, he was really suprised how crazily loose the rules are for sc comparatively. Ive made my points for it before, it allows the community to remain competitive and therefore more active due to be able to make small improvements to an area and have them actually matter vs people just coming back for major bug discoveries, getting a record, then bouncing. As for recording, anyone can record low fps/res obs. Could make a nice standalone timer too, wire it into livesplit if people wants, and do shit to make it harder for people to use tb and shit for records.

Lot of shit can be done, depends if ppl are assed enough too ;p. But in the end I think the people for and against the change have different goals as to what they want from sc, diff site might be best

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

K A O S Theory wrote:
Vivec wrote: Regarding this: It is not as rare as I thought and maybe someone else thinks. One of the bigger speedrunning communities (*cough* Pokemon *cough*) just changed their timing method from using Ingame Time to Realtime...
Yup, the major guy whos pushing the factions full speedrun (Vincento) came from the pokemon speedrun ppl, he was really suprised how crazily loose the rules are for sc comparatively. Ive made my points for it before, it allows the community to remain competitive and therefore more active due to be able to make small improvements to an area and have them actually matter vs people just coming back for major bug discoveries, getting a record, then bouncing. As for recording, anyone can record low fps/res obs. Could make a nice standalone timer too, wire it into livesplit if people wants, and do shit to make it harder for people to use tb and shit for records.

Lot of shit can be done, depends if ppl are assed enough too ;p. But in the end I think the people for and against the change have different goals as to what they want from sc, diff site might be best
So you're saying that your goal is just to see the fastest possible times being done? And that is the reason why noone here seems to say "yes pls we want this"