Toolbox minimap

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Vivec
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Re: Toolbox minimap

Post by Vivec »

this thread has devolved into tossing the same statements (I don't even dare call them arguments) back and forth without any progress.
Clearly the "community" that is left is already parted on this, so I don't believe there will be any reasonable progress on that matter here. We should maybe for the time being go back to the topic and discuss a possible split in a different topic?

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Post by Flo »

You re missing the point that the people which do not agree with the current ruleset are still here. Its Sunk Cost at this point.

Discussing about the "splits" would imply that the idea that there should be splits is already agreed on / accepted, which is just not the case.

---

The only "topic" is the initial question about tb minimap, which i dont think any1 really gives a fuck about.

roflmfao
In-game name: Herr Der Felsen

Post by roflmfao »

TB Minimap is just the next cheat that "doesn't give a real advantage". But there is no point arguing here, you're right about that.

As an aside, you are personally the reason for multiple people having left this community.

Vivec

Post by Vivec »

Flo wrote:You re missing the point that the people which do not agree with the current ruleset are still here. Its Sunk Cost at this point.
No, most people who don't agree with this ruleset and despite that discussing here haven't been on this site for months or even longer and cam back for this discussion in the hopes of getting a proper discussion and not this kindergarten shit that is going on here.

I know of quite a few people that are and/or were quite active in that time and generally interested in records but didn't form/do anything because of aforementioned reasons.

So, as I said, the community as it is right now, is already split. Doing nothing won't change anything, for better or worse, but maybe we should try changing something for better?

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Post by Flo »

This is my last post in this thread.

I really do believe any change in our current situation will lead to less activity. I am not arguing against the change cause it would affect me in any relevant way, but because I honestly think it would screw us over big time. Last nail in the coffin, doomsday and such, you understandd me - or you do not.

Change is not always good - in particular, there has to be a reason for a change, there doesnt have to be one for not changing.

As with everything new, people will initally show more activity anyways, but it is the same with the implementation of mission records that created some hype for a few months and then died of as fast as they came. Same is for the earlier meta resets - of course experiencing something new pulls in people, but that only works if the playerbase is big enough. The meta reset before this one made people compete again, but the most recent one... 8 posts in 1 month, of which 4 are trollposts does neither make me feel like our comunity appreciated it too much nor that it would be different for a seggregation into more categories.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

roflmfao wrote:TB Minimap is just the next cheat that "doesn't give a real advantage". But there is no point arguing here, you're right about that.

As an aside, you are personally the reason for multiple people having left this community.
Nonames who never did a record leave the comm because of one guy and act like this an actual contribution to the discussion rather than just offensive bullshit.
Yup im done with you people.
If pepsi wants to quote my last post and talk about restrictes ruleset i am happy to answer.
Otherwise i'll give this site atleast a month before we move to a subreddit or discuss where to go.

Vivec

Post by Vivec »

Nika wrote:Nonames who never did a record leave the comm because of one guy and act like this an actual contribution to the discussion rather than just offensive bullshit.
Yup im done with you people.
"How not to encourage new people to contribute to this community 101"

I'll stop participating here right now as well, this is leading nowhere. Do what you want.

Mikelton
In-game name: Spirit Of The Beer

Post by Mikelton »

well we can end the discussion at this point now...
i would suggest we first find a solution for where to move/how to stay on this site and then we find a better rules set for records which is capable of dealing with the current situation. my personal belief is that we won't come around a table split for restricted and "toolbox"- (or whatever you might call it) records.
i tried to get in contact with power for the last days, wrote him pn mails, emails, i even sacrificed my honor and LOGGED IN ON GW2 also other ppl tried to contact him.... with no success as far as i know.

i am again a little busy atm so i would be very thankful if we could somehow manage it to find a solution for where to move. personally a subreddit also sounds very good to me and it might be the best option also for attracting new ppl to records.

i am not sure if we should wait any longer for power to respond, what do you think?

roflmfao
In-game name: Herr Der Felsen

Post by roflmfao »

Subreddit or speedrun.com both seem decent. Reddit is obviously more well-known in general, whereas speedrun.com is more tailored to the specifics of a speedrunning community. I am not terribly familiar with either though, so I do not know how moderation on either platform works.

As an aside, I do actually have records :P And there is a point where you eloquently make your points and spend a long time thinking about this issue, only to be dismissed by some "I don't want any change" twoliner. Perhaps some frustration is understandable.

Dwadwa <3
In-game name: Dwa Luvs Dwayna
Guild: pRma

Post by Dwadwa <3 »

I didn't read 5 pages of useless blablabla.

Remove all the interactions with the game on the minimap and I won't mind if you need a big compass bc you're dumb. Otherwise, I don't even understand why you asked if we accept this cheat...