Toolbox minimap

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
haskhasin

Re: Toolbox minimap

Post by haskhasin »

If it may help, I have no plans of adding more gameplay features to toolbox.

I'm currently busy, but if/when I'll have time, the plan is to do an interface rewrite, materials buyer and minor improvements on overall usability and customization.

I apologize for toolbox splitting the community so much.

Rocks4Free
In-game name: Marlana
Guild: DS

Post by Rocks4Free »

LOL

roflmfao
In-game name: Herr Der Felsen

Post by roflmfao »

Flo, the point is that toolbox might make a player faster than another where without it he was slightly slower. The world is a bell curve after all, and the playerbase is not divided binary into "good" and "bad". Sure, there are players who will always beat me, even if I used all the hacks I could, and there are players who will never beat me no matter how much they cheat. But it's not about that. It's about having a baseline that *everyone* can be compared fairly with. And some players will never use toolbox. Trusting Has is one thing, but injecting a precompiled dll into a program running on your machine is something that savvy people are at least careful with.

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

roflmfao wrote:Trusting Has is one thing, but injecting a precompiled dll into a program running on your machine is something that savvy people are at least careful with.
The code is open source and it's relatively easy to compile your own copy

roflmfao
In-game name: Herr Der Felsen

Post by roflmfao »

haskhasin wrote:
roflmfao wrote:Trusting Has is one thing, but injecting a precompiled dll into a program running on your machine is something that savvy people are at least careful with.
The code is open source and it's relatively easy to compile your own copy
Not so easy though. And I do by no means wish to imply that there is any malicious code involved in tb at all. I'm just saying that there are valid reasons why some people will never run it. I wouldn't run a copy I compiled myself either.

Pepsi
In-game name: Julius Von Pepsi
Guild: Dhuum Stucker [DS]

Post by Pepsi »

You know, I've done what I could - no clue what else I should tell you that won't change your mind anyway.
Keep the system, make rules for each tool that's going to be published, keep arguing about the things that are on the table for years. I'm done with this page.
Flo wrote:Doing a strictly worse record just because you cant compete with the existing ones and use "oh but he used auto pcons" as an excuse is a little weak in my eyes.
This is so pathetic.

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Post by Flo »

I know other things that are pathetic.

Ima Go Farm Now
In-game name: Ima Go Farm Now
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Ima Go Farm Now »

Pepsi's idea seems like the best idea in my opinion, but we should probably have only 3 categories: restricted (no third party software), standard (what we have agreed on in this forum over the years), and a full TAS/hack category.

Before any action should be taken as far as categories go, we really need a new forum. Speedrun.com already has an admin, thus we would have to negotiate with him and we have no idea how active he is. A subreddit would probably be a better option, but I don't know how well you can format it (you can only have 2 sticky threads? I'm not a redditor). I think the best option would be to have someone host a new forum and recreate what we have here. With more mods on a new forum I think maintaining and being current with all records would not be such a hard task. Furthermore, it should be easy to implement different categories as Pepsi has suggested.

Vivec
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Post by Vivec »

About speedrun.com: If he is really inactive, you can always talk to the administration team and have him removed / someone else appointed to series mod.

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Post by Flo »

I dont know why everyone seems to be so keen on killing gw records.
The first step was the meta reset, the second the bullshit fbgm pulled ingame and now a switch of forums that would loose us the last bits of remaining traffic on this site?
Seggregation doesnt work when your overall playerbase of 50 people gets unable to form any runs.
I personally think 3 categories would ve been a great idea 3 years ago (yes i know, we werent that far with 3rd party tools then), when the playerbase was still able to support such a change.

Dont misunderstand me - I am not strictly against the changes themselves, since one of the middle categories will be really close to what I think is right anyways, but I think the changes you re proposing will be the final nail in the coffin.