new moderator for gwscr!

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Re: new moderator for gwscr!

Post by Misty »

Flo is actually right though - the more mods, the less we can have any complaints of bias. So long as all mods are accountable to the community, we should have no problem.
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

I agree with the idea of 4 mods or so. More mods -> the less i am needed.

livia
In-game name: Livia La Jolie

Post by livia »

Marcin wrote:I'd put myself forward as I'd say I've got pretty good knowledge of all the elite areas and record tactics, and I'm pretty active at this current phrase!
LOL "good" :lol:
Anyway, you can't, fbgm are not allowed to be mod.
Last edited by livia on Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Karia
In-game name: Karia De La Arcx
Guild: [Golt]

Post by Karia »

Who wanted Nika as mod again?

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

Godgiven mod.

Cruz
In-game name: Ashei Cruz
Guild: IT

Post by Cruz »

Since there is obviously a diverse set of interests and opinions on these forums I would suggest that we try to keep them represented among the moderators. Not because I think moderators act biased in general, but because groupthink is a thing and fair representation can serve to counteract that.

K A O S Theory
In-game name: N Op E
Guild: A Diff One From 10min ago

Post by K A O S Theory »

Um offtopic question but why is only a fraction of this site dedicated to gw1 when the gw2 forums haven't been touched for years

Mikelton
In-game name: Spirit Of The Beer
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Post by Mikelton »

@kaos: this site was originally gw1 only, then gw2 section was added but somehow the records community for gw2 moved towards another site some time ago (not sure if thats correct, i was told this).
i contacted the admin (power) and one thing i asked him is if we could make this site gw1 only again. he answered few days ago and was not too excited about this idea... i think i will create another topic where ppl can write their ideas about how we could do it whilst not requiring too much of power's time and effort (vivec offered me already to help with this)

@ new mod topic: i was able to talk to Has this morning if he would like to become a mod and he told me he's in. i think he would be a very good moderator, always objective and reliable. also he has a huge knowledge of the game mechanics and records in general. ppl who think he might be biased in some regards (which i did not really experience yet at all) have to keep in mind that we will get at least one more mod (i'd even recommend 3 new mods alltogether) and the mods will discuss their decisions together in the future.

so if everybody can agree on Has, we would get one big step further!

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

If Has is a mod he'll be too busy to finish the toolbox materials pane )=
Seriously though, Has is great but why are you limiting the number of mods so harshly? As Cruz said, we need diverse representation. That means multiple mods with a strong understanding of each area. There is no good reason to have only 4 or 5 mods.
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Befi
In-game name: Befi Goes Ele
Guild: [hC]

Post by Befi »

has should make a resign check, were you can see who didnt resigned

#fasterflames