Coin Drop No Longer prevents mobs from casting

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Re: Coin Drop No Longer prevents mobs from casting

Post by Misty »

Nika, I'm pretty sure you'd delete the mission records section if you could get away with it... but you opened Pandora's Box, and now it's here to stay =P
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

Sadly, Misty is right.

Mikelton
In-game name: Spirit Of The Beer
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Post by Mikelton »

so you guys want a meta reset, right?

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Post by Flo »

No.

Karia
In-game name: Karia De La Arcx
Guild: [Golt]

Post by Karia »

Objectively considered the update changed the behaviour of the enemy-AI what should obviously result in a meta reset.

But we alrdy ignored larger game-mechanical updates like the 10second delay on ghosts or the puplic discovery of bugging enemies with IDs. Baraths Kathandrax record is still on the table although its completely against the rules (nothing against max but i want to make a point here).

The only impact the meta reset would have is that someone has to redo all the current records what would result in an empty table cause no1 wants to "tie" a previous meta record.

tl;dr: there should be a meta reset but we are too lazy and too small to refill the table - so there will be no reset in the end

Mikelton

Post by Mikelton »

the thing is that from this time on i would like to make those things correctly. it's up to what the majority wants.

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

In theory we should reset everything, but I agree that it's silly as the changes have very little impact in most places.

Most dungeon records aren't affected and having to redo them all is annoying, or worse, someone can watch your video, do the same thing and post it as meta record. Don't reset dungeons.

Doa is definitely affected. All of DoA records are also all-time and most of them are being worked on, so it won't matter much but it's the right thing to do. Reset.

FoW and UW: I don't do them enough to notice a difference, but there might be one. I don't know.

Also since we're having this discussion we should really go through meta records and remove the ones that make obvious use of ghost spamming for eoe or energy managment.

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

^^^ pretty much what Has said.
If you reset elite areas, the only record that will be removed is duo Urgoz, which quite probably spammed ghosts, so what's the problem?
Karia wrote:tl;dr: there should be a meta reset but we are too lazy and too small to refill the table - so there will be no reset in the end
We need an AI update that makes the mods do their job...
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Mikelton

Post by Mikelton »

i'd say we should reset only the elite area meta records. only removing certain records on one table whilst leaving others will only lead to more discussion and hate. in terms of dungeons i share has's point of view since i can't see where the last 2 meta updates had any impact on any of those records so we can leave them be.

@Misty: u not funny, thx

Mikelton

Post by Mikelton »

does anybody not agree?