Coin Drop No Longer prevents mobs from casting

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Re: Coin Drop No Longer prevents mobs from casting

Post by Flo »

While I can agree that aggro swaps faster in DoA, I had different experiences in other areas I ve done since patch. Settled enemies on you will STILL ignore summoning stones for an infinite amount of time if you stand still, for example the elementalist bosses in Ravens. I killed about 100 of them in the last 2 days with aggro only swapping when I either dropped sf or moved away from them. I ld assume this is also true for most dungeon bosses and also the typical enemies you ld like to kill with summoning stones.

The AI change isnt too huge, even though its bigger than i thought initially (Mike, mit dir habe ich ja drüber gesprochen).

I dont see a reason for a meta reset though since we didnt have one for the ghost in the box patch, which was far more relevant than this one, at least for DoA.

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

The fact that they re-compute the target doesn't necessarily mean they want to change it. Usually they prioritize staying on the same target, expecially not in doa (idk why, but doa mobs always seemed somewhat smarter).

The ghost-in-the-box patch only affected a handful of records, mostly involving either necros for soul reaping or killing things with eoe. Most of those were beaten or can be done in the same time, and I believe they can be removed if questioned. How did it affect DoA? Glitching was prohibited anyway, noone uses necros in doa records (except nvos, which was after the nerf lol), and eoe bombing fury has always been pointless.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

That sounds quite interesting! New possibilities.
Please keep posting feedback on the topic

Marcin
In-game name: Marcin Fow Addict

Post by Marcin »

Since this new update, maybe there is a little change with the city in DoA where the casters tend to cast more on the mesmers, but its not even slightly close to causing a meta change. I just see everyone from the same guild here in favour for a meta change to maybe now try to get a 'new' record first which wont happen ;)

On the serious note, I don't see why there should be one anyway if there wasn't one after the ghost in the box since that affected many things i.e All UW records and some FOW records, and many dungeons. However I've been doing UW and FoW a lot lately and there is absolutely no difference in how this update changed the areas. Maybe for just doa at city spikes there is a slight change yes, but that's nothing even close to triggering a change. Also there is a TK for a reason to off-dmg enemies at 360 so stop crying about them not pulling in :)

So just adapt your play style and tactics to counter this little problem just like people have done recently...

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

You really shouldn't bring up the ghost update: http://gwscr.fbgmguild.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1620 . Basically everyone in the thread agreed with a full or partial meta reset, it just never happened because of lazy mods. A lot of people also argued for a full meta reset simply because using ghosts for necros energy is potentially affecting everything, even if it didn't in practice. That is basically the same thing happening now, but I'm arguing for the moderate option of only resetting the areas obviously affected.

The fact that it's possible to change tactics or just "deal with it" is not a good argument against a reset. The reason for a new meta is not that things can't be done in the same time, it's that the area is not the same: look at the "current meta" record video, it is noticeably not current meta, simple as that. Maybe (probably) you can do it again, but records aren't based on "I think I can do it". We are making a fool of ourselves as a serious record community if we decide to ignore this.

To everyone holding records: most (all?) of your records are also all-time so you have nothing to lose. You are knowledgeable players as proven by your achievements, and as such, I'm sure you have an opinion on the effect of the AI change on your record runs. So please speak up, as everything affected even minimally should be meta-reset for the integrity of those boards.

P.S. Again fbgm has really no interest in this. We all know 17 doa is still doable and 16 should be possible. Posting anything 18+ is stupid, posting a 17 will be considered a beatable tie and 16 will be a record.

Marcin
In-game name: Marcin Fow Addict

Post by Marcin »

Fair enough Has, and you guys should stop claiming that was aggressive or w/e from me, everyone is entitled to their opinion and a bit on fun trashtalk which is what guildwars is about in 2016 as if you guys don't do that ig..

What I meant with the 'deal with it' approach was that even though last meta wasn't reset with the ghosts and stuff, things like 8man, trio and duo uw, people had to create new ideas and builds to tackle the problem which is what I meant here, and clearly there are ways to counter this problems in doa if the meta doesnt get reset. But enough rambling about the past.

I also don't think the laziness of the mods has changed... :D [love u mike]
Anyhow, whether it gets reset or not, I don't care, but my point was just about these 2 problems you guys claim in city and 360, is it really enough for a full reset?

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

It affects other things as well, all over the game - those are just the most noticeable examples. Even if it was just fiends and margonites, or even fewer things, I would still argue for a meta reset for anything that was affected by it. Unless the old tactics would yield the same result in this meta, how can it be called the same? As Has said, records are about getting it done on RECORD, not "I'm sure there's a way around this problem". If theory-crafting was all it took, we'd just give all the records to those PvP scrubs on reddit who think you can just pop cons and instantly win.
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Mikelton
In-game name: Spirit Of The Beer
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Post by Mikelton »

first i want to say i love you too, marcin <3
When the community wishes a meta reset, we will do it.
dont actually know why we didnt do the reset on the ghost update, maybe because attention in this thread swapped towards the old toolbox debate after ~5 posts. sorry for that.
Now its not easy to say wether those changes make it relevant to reset the table, or not.
I haven't seen the changes in AI-aggro yet cause im just running solo atm,
but if it really has a noticeable effect on the runs, i'd also tend to a meta reset, because changes in the game mechanic that influence the gameplay is just what creates a new meta and thus deserves a new table. (reading my own words here makes me even more sorry for not dealing with the ghost update >.<)
if the table is reset, it wont have too much of an impact on the sc community anyways, cause 99% of the current meta records are also alltime. also the tables would only be reset for elite areas + dungeons, mission record tables are alltime only :P

greetz

Mike

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Post by Flo »

I think no one here wants mission records to be reset :P .

I also dont see a reason for the dungeon records to be reset, since there is only a SINGLE record with more than 3 people involved (4man soosc) and Solo and Duo records are in nearly no way affected by the changes.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back

Post by Nika »

Id reset mission records