Misty's Proposal

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Cruz
In-game name: Ashei Cruz
Guild: IT

Re: requiring videos for all records

Post by Cruz »

Well shit

e: So no screens? :roll:

Befi
In-game name: Befi Goes Ele
Guild: [hC]

Post by Befi »

there are screens left, max posted me some on ts like 2 weeks ago

K A O S Theory
In-game name: N Op E
Guild: A Diff One From 10min ago

Post by K A O S Theory »

can make obs record at like 480p at like 5-10fps and have literally no performance decrease + the file size will be very small so upload shouldnt take long at all

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

While i still don't believe that this should be a thing - simply because i don't believe anyone with honor would try to actively cheat in a game like guild wars - i can totally see the reasoning behind it.
I guess a video per split should be enough - but it won't be too bad finding a fitting ruleset.
Videos should not be public. These are proofs that the record isn't cheated - not guides to copy :^)

If someone provides a tutorial explaining the dumbest of monkeys how to record and upload a low quality video that most likely will not fail on any connection - i am 100% open to this.

K A O S Theory
In-game name: N Op E
Guild: A Diff One From 10min ago

Post by K A O S Theory »

Get https://obsproject.com/

should look smth like this:

now go to profile, and hit new, give it a name like gw sc recording.

now go to file > settings

dont worry about the stream settings unless you plan to stream your runs on twitch as well, i wont go over setting that up..

Go to output.

Under recording, set the recording path to whereever you want the files to be saved to. Set quality to High Quality, unless you're on a toaster than set it to stream quality. (Can do indistinguishable quality if youd like, no reason to do lossless unless you want your disk I/O to commit suicide)

Recording format: mp4.

Audio wont matter really unless you want to provide commentary as you run. I wont go over it, the default audio settings are fine.

In video, set the Base resolution to the size of your monitor. Then set the output resolution to the settings you want to record at.

852x480 = 480p
1280x720 = 720p
1920x1080 = 1080p

For fps, set it to whatever you want to record, fps determines the "smoothness" of the video in exchange for larger file size. 30 fps is usually all you need. If you want a nice smooth image, go 60 fps, no reason to go higher than that. If yur on a toaster, can go down to 10 fps to help with that.

Apply and Close.

Now, we set up our scenes and sources.

First click the plus icon in the scenes window. Can set the name to whatever you want, usually GuildWars or smth. And add. Now go to sources, right click the panel, select add>window capture, then select Gw. WIndow Match should be fine on window class.

Hit ok, then you can drag and resize the window at will in the main canvas

Now just hit start recording to start, then stop to stop :D easy

Kaspar
In-game name: Noobish Was Me
Guild: FBGM

Post by Kaspar »

OBS also has a branch that allows you to use the AMD equivalent of shadowplay. The normal version only has NVENC(the shadowplay encoder) and QSV(intel quicksync). Google "OBS VCE branch"

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Re: Misty's Proposal

Post by Misty »

k so the question is: how many videos will be required? One per record, one per player, or one for each "split" (enough so nobody is ever completely off screen)?
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.