wtb non retarded rounded down minute times

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Vivec
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Re: wtb non retarded rounded down minute times

Post by Vivec »

You really think our lazy ass mods can do this? Not to speak of the fact that afaik they cannot create new sections and need to wait for the admin to do it and then create the correct permissions so this is possible...

Either way, we need to see what the majority of active speedrunners want.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

Does anyone here really believe, that such a change would benefit the activity of Guild Wars Speedrunning?
I honestly doubt anyone owuld still invest hundreds of hours to achieve something that can easily be broken without revolutionizing anything.
The "Reward" is just not worth it.
Guild Wars isn't your avrg comsole game. It's not a Singleplayer game.
It's simply not worth changing to such a concept if it kills the already low activity we got.

Mikelton
In-game name: Spirit Of The Beer

Post by Mikelton »

Flo wrote:Havent you ppl learned from Brexit?
+1

@basti: i can only speak for myself, i simply had no time to work on any gw related issues. this is not good for a mod, but i do what i can. spoke to nika today and we agree that we should announce a third mod who matches the needs the community currently has. we will also try to work on the video requirement in the next days, but i cant promise anything since im still very busy and i dont know when it is possible to contact power. ill try to message him later and tell him whats about and if he may just visit gwscr once a week and look if there is something he can do for us. also several ppl already asked if it is possible to make this page a gw1 only page again, since gw2 section is dead anyway. i will also ask power about that since it might be in the interest of all of us.

so far, greetings from bavaria

Vivec

Post by Vivec »

tfw mike thinks i am serious. A third mod would definitely be good, but mostly I am trolling and you should know that :)

Mikelton

Post by Mikelton »

well at least i could understand if you were serious :P

Vivec

Post by Vivec »

and i dont know when it is possible to contact power. ill try to message him later and tell him whats about and if he may just visit gwscr once a week and look if there is something he can do for us. also several ppl already asked if it is possible to make this page a gw1 only page again, since gw2 section is dead anyway. i will also ask power about that since it might be in the interest of all of us.
just saw that. I don't really have time to be really helpful to you mod guys, but i would be able and willing to help him configuration wise if he doesn't have the time or doesn't want to invest time into GW anymore. Maybe you could ask him if he would want some help in that regard.

Mikelton

Post by Mikelton »

sure, im very positive he will like that idea.

Cruz
In-game name: Ashei Cruz
Guild: IT

Post by Cruz »

Misty wrote:If we do implement seconds-based records, there should be a 30 day wait between making the decision and implementing the rule, so current record holders can prepare to defend their records.
I agree.
Misty wrote:Anyway, what about old dungeon records?
In my opinion they should be kept alongside second-based times as long as they are able to compete. It's not fair to dismantle them or to remove them entirely without knowing what was achieved.

K A O S Theory
In-game name: N Op E
Guild: A Diff One From 10min ago

Post by K A O S Theory »

Nika wrote:Does anyone here really believe, that such a change would benefit the activity of Guild Wars Speedrunning?
I honestly doubt anyone owuld still invest hundreds of hours to achieve something that can easily be broken without revolutionizing anything.
The "Reward" is just not worth it.
Guild Wars isn't your avrg comsole game. It's not a Singleplayer game.
It's simply not worth changing to such a concept if it kills the already low activity we got.

I dont understand how you and mike cant see how limiting minute based times are. If someones going to invest hundreds off hours, they will most likely optimize a run beyond a few seconds. That wont be easy to beat. Allowing ever second to matter though allows for more reason to continue fighting for a better time hence more competition + more activity. Theres not as much of a difference between a single player game such as diablo, and gw than you all are making there out to be. And you have no idea whether it will kill or bolster the community at large.

Anyways it seems that the people on here that have any power are too against the idea for any change to happen. Thought id see if we can make records more interesting but if you are so stuck in traditional timing methods and treasuring yur super l33t secret tactics, hf with the dying community.

Throwing more salt, seems most people against the idea are euros :lol: #fuckeurope

Befi
In-game name: Befi Goes Ele
Guild: [hC]

Post by Befi »

kinda mad huh?