A Few Notes concerning the way we manage our record lists.

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

A Few Notes concerning the way we manage our record lists.

Post by Nika »

Hello,

i sure know that our precious record-list system originates from the wonderful Guildwarsguru-Thread in which everyone published their screens and so the single pictures were added to the frontpage. The same system has been kept when we moved to the Forum-System with single threads. And at this point i've a question: would it be a problem for you guys if the Record-table would only contain a Link to the respective thread?
Also this "rework" would give us a possibility to see which pictures aren't working anymore and if we maybe find a way to restore some of the old pictures (maybe some players have them saved).
It's just an easier way to update *Nika is lazy* and the Threads contain way more information. Ofcourse records done before would keep the current format.

Also i'd like to propose an Idea again for which we would need Power. I've discussed this Mike a while ago and he wanted to make contact with power back then. Mission-Speedclears. We've had the Subarea records on the gwscr.fbgmguild.com_old, which has been a fun thing. It basically would create soem mroe content and activity on this site :)

Have a nice day
Nika

Mikelton
In-game name: Spirit Of The Beer
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Re: A Few Notes concerning the way we manage our record list

Post by Mikelton »

hey,

i like that idea, especially cause its very funny to read through the threads once in a while.
i have also noticed, as nika said, that many of the old record picture links are no longer working, which is sad for nostalgic reasons. At the moment I'm very lazy as well, but cause of exam and rl struggle etc etc :D

Concerning the Mission records thread: I've already contacted Power like 2 months back when i discussed this idea with Nika. So at this point i think when Power reads the message, he will create a sub forum, where such records can be posted.
At least for the mission record table i would suggest to handle it like Nika proposed it in this topic, cause something tells me there will be a lot of posts... :D

Greets, have a nice weekend!
Mike aka Befi Lover

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Re: A Few Notes concerning the way we manage our record list

Post by Nika »

Had another idea to merge the 2 tables since we have less information now, but the [table] feature doesn't exist on this site, so the design would be awkward. Would be fun to be able to compare them in 1 thread though.