Record Rules Update

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Dwadwa <3
In-game name: Dwa Luvs Dwayna
Guild: pRma

Record Rules Update

Post by Dwadwa <3 »

Dear community,

After weeks and topics of discussion, the moderators (ie Mikelton, Nika and myself) took a decision.

The rules had been updated, according to our vision of what records should be nowdays.

You can find the rules here.

For records done with abuse of bugs, we'll see if there's enough interest to make a dedicated topic.

Marcin
In-game name: Marcin Fow Addict
Guild: [SenT]

Re: Record Rules Update

Post by Marcin »

Amen!

Rocks4Free
In-game name: Marlana
Guild: DS

Post by Rocks4Free »

LOL

Cheese
In-game name: Cheese In My Shoe
Guild: FBGM

Post by Cheese »

I'm not disagreeing with anything that you've decided since I'm not relevant anymore (was I ever?) in the record scene. I'm just wondering about the new rule that you came up with since Mike's ideas don't match the actual decision.

"So in the end we must say:
- if we ban coindrop by 3rd party help, we have to ban any 3rd party help
- we cannot ban manual item glitch cause it would make the whole record system ridiculous"

- Mike 2015

livia
In-game name: Livia La Jolie

Post by livia »

@Cheese i explain in two post why it doesn't make the system ridiculous, provide few examples of case in others competitions scene & he may change is idea.

Vivec
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Post by Vivec »

@Cheese: The first post by Mike was his personal opinion. Then the mods discussed (in DoA eg1 :D) and came to the conclusion you see above.

Kaspar
In-game name: Noobish Was Me

Post by Kaspar »

So if i happen to pop lunars while glitching dhuum or pull mobs along a line of dropped items I'm breaking the rules?

Neither requires me to actively drop items to maintain the glitch so it should be ok according to the wording of the rule.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

Well you drop items whole laying down the line of items.
For using lunars you actively usw the items in order to spawn new ids. Ofc using lunars for the blessing is find but this most of The time is done/can be done somewhere u dont influence foes.
This Mechanic is similar to using ghosts/minipets you did not drop items manually but still used a repetive IDbug.

Kaspar

Post by Kaspar »

The rule implies that to infringe you need to be repeatedly dropping items in order to cause the id bug. Neither of the scenarios that I mentioned use repeated dropping to cause the id bug.

So what you really mean is that when at any point in the run the ai happens to become id bugged, the run is disqualified.

Kaspar

Post by Kaspar »

This would cause problems in so may ways since it's possible for mob dropped items to drop close enough to each other to cause the id bug. Would killing mobs to generate drops in a line be a legitimate strategy then? Or is everyone now responsible for mob dropped items not accidentally causing the id bug and giving them an advantage by allowing mobs pulled past these items to pull further?