Record Rules Update

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Re: Record Rules Update

Post by Nika »

We can't influence mob drops there for not forbidden.

Kaspar
In-game name: Noobish Was Me
Guild: FBGM

Post by Kaspar »

Banning lunars and coin lines seems really dumb though. You can't use either of these to perpetually bug foes due to limitations on both of these strategies(lunars have limited quantity and coin lines require constant movement and take a long time to lay down). Both of these would be limited to incredibly niche areas and both DON'T NEED 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE TO EXECUTE.

Ima Go Farm Now
In-game name: Ima Go Farm Now

Post by Ima Go Farm Now »

No one is stopping you from doing solo UW. It just won't be a legitimate record like it isn't now.

Kaspar
In-game name: Noobish Was Me

Post by Kaspar »

But why on earth would i bother doing another run of arguably the hardest solo in the entire game to have people tell me it isn't legitimate?

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back

Post by Nika »

It's arguebly the hardest bc not constant doable without cheats.

hudini
Site Admin
Site Admin
In-game name: Hudini Will Slice

Post by hudini »

I dont care too much but imo what happened is the same as all the years of the record community, the uw players covering their ass, calling other people glitch abusers for using the coin drop(no matter which way u do it) while they have been abusing the fault in dhuum's ai for years, yeah not glitching dhuum would drastically change uw record times, but it follows the same exact premise as the coin glitch ai bug, abusing a badly implemented ai mechanic(gg anet) in order to get the ai to behave in a way that benefits your record, now in the past this has always been allowed along with res scrolls or w/e other ingame bugs were found by players, if you wish to play without these then go ahead but dont be hypocrites and ban the dhuum glitch as well. This also goes for glitching enemies behind invisible walls, this was not intended in any way but it has been abused by the community regardless, all the arguments of the "not playing as anet intended" are a load of bullshit, the community has never worked that way and if you guys want to change it its fine but banning one thing is not enough, there are many bugs and they should all be banned if you are to ban coins.

livia
In-game name: Livia La Jolie

Post by livia »

@Hudini i'll go over for nth time it's a common practice in many competitive scene too ban thing if they think it break the game of give too much of an advantage but for help people understand i'll provide an other example.
In a Dreamhack final of cs go, Fnatic use a glitch in a map that give quite a nice advantage. You can see here: https://youtu.be/nRY_TRipfpQ
Actually the LDLC use it too, so the official of the tournament decide to replay the map because they didn't consider it fair and they forbid the bug. It was a bug inside cs go, didn't need a 3rd party software but it was still ban.

If you go read this post, http://gwscr.fbgmguild.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... t=10#p5400 you will have few other examples where that kind of practice was done.
Though, they didn't ban all kind of glitch just the one that they evaluate too broken.

So, the argument "it's either all or nothings" is quite dumb.

hudini
Site Admin
Site Admin
In-game name: Hudini Will Slice

Post by hudini »

But in the case of glitching enemies behind walls and glitching dhuum you are essentially doing the same as the coin bug if not even worse, you stop them from attacking you altogether, the coin glitch atleast lets them attack u, glitching dhuum just lets him cast judgement and glitching melee enemies behind invisible walls stops them from attacking you. the argument doesnt have to be all or nothing, but you should take into account what each glitch is doing, in this case its pretty much the same and therefore I see no reason why dhuum glitch/invisible wall glitch should be legal while manually dropping coins is illegal. I'm not against banning coins, I just think glitches of equal magnitude should be banned at the same time if you are to ban the coins.

Jang

Post by Jang »

To be honest i feel like 3 non-elected mods, which basically have the same view on a certain glitch, making a decision without a poll, is kinda unfair to everyone who does not share their opinion.
That being said i still believe that there is a difference between glitches that are limited to single areas/foes and those which are applicable everywhere. I don't know if thats a reason to cherry pick bugs though.

Jang

Post by Jang »

I just thought about my previous comment. My 2nd sentence is probably kinda hypocritical because I used stuff like wall glitch as much as everyone else did. But then again this whole discussion kinda is because the speedclear comunity is build on bug exploiting.