Nika's View on the Coindrop-Abuse

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Re: Nika's View on the Coindrop-Abuse

Post by Nika »

Viva wrote:So you will accept ninas record?
Can You fucking read?
This is a discussion..

Mikelton
In-game name: Spirit Of The Beer
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Post by Mikelton »

so what i suppose that we do is to create a new topic in the Guild Wars section where everyone can post his records where the item drop was used. we should also remove ninas solo fow from the record tables and move it to this section then.
What we also need then for a record to be valid is a video of every split, as we already discussed it before but i still can't find it in the rules set.

Ima Go Farm Now
In-game name: Ima Go Farm Now

Post by Ima Go Farm Now »

I agree, but asking for a video of every split may not be realistic as not everyone in the community can record. At this point, we should be requiring at least one complete video though, especially in solo records.

Mikelton
In-game name: Spirit Of The Beer

Post by Mikelton »

the struggle of not having a video of every split is, that you just can't say then for sure that coindrop was not used.
if we make such a rule it must assure that you can say by 100% that there was no use of coindrop, else the rule wouldnt change the current situation.

Befi
In-game name: Befi Goes Ele
Guild: [hC]

Post by Befi »

its just 1 email and the bug is fixed, if u guys agree

Pekkka

Post by Pekkka »

Befi wrote:its just 1 email and the bug is fixed, if u guys agree
+1

Vivec
In-game name: Ashra Vivec

Post by Vivec »

I'm just gonna leave my few cents here as well.

First of all:
Befi wrote:its just 1 email and the bug is fixed, if u guys agree
Unfortunately, it is not.
They never really "fixed" the minipet / boo bug, they just added a cooldown to it. So likely the solution would be something along the lines of "You can only pick up / drop items once every 10 seconds". Not really a fan of that.
Ima Go Farm Now wrote:I agree, but asking for a video of every split may not be realistic as not everyone in the community can record. At this point, we should be requiring at least one complete video though, especially in solo records.
A few months ago I would have agreed with you. But after doing some research and trying out different recording programs, I found a few programs that were so easy to use that literally everyone should be able to use that. Even my old computer from about 8 yrs back can handle GW + recording at the same time. Would be interested in hearing what problems people are having while recording...

So now on the topic itself:
The coindrop is srsly breaking the whole game concept. But it is itself right now a part of the game. As has been the res scroll glitch and many more. My current view on the situation that it should be accepted if it is done without 3rd party tools to drop the coins. If we have a video of a run, it should be VERY obvious if a tool was used to drop coins / items etc.

Befi
In-game name: Befi Goes Ele
Guild: [hC]

Post by Befi »

5-10 secs delay of dropping item, GG

if u want to change items or shit, use "trading"

Ima Go Farm Now
In-game name: Ima Go Farm Now

Post by Ima Go Farm Now »

GMs have known about the drop glitch for a long time and haven't done anything about it. Pretty sure sakura himself has screens of a GM coming into his solo fow and asking about the drop glitch. Besides that I don't think anyone has really abused drop glitching outside of solo fow in all honesty. I think most people in this community, at least the ones who do records, hate this glitch and refuse to use it in records. I guess a policy of trust as we have always had is best, and if what they are doing seems too unreal, require video.

livia
In-game name: Livia La Jolie

Post by livia »

One day anet will solve bug for real & stop compile in debug mod. Or not =).