Meta reset?

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Nina Fow Addict
In-game name: Nina Fow Addict
Guild: SenT

Re: Meta reset?

Post by Nina Fow Addict »

People was using maccroc to always be on the good place no? Ik in doa they had something but what i mean is not dunjeon people are haxor but glitching door is not more an hax than using a mini pet who both are something who are ig cause anet cant done a game without bugs thats why i dont understand why people crying about minipet that many bugs was alrdy used on dat game ;)

Naliaaaa
In-game name: Nalia The Great
Guild: REV

Post by Naliaaaa »

RiP English 2k15 Nina.

But i agree, the minipet bug was part of the game and was something that didn't need any program/injection to be done, and every record done with it was "fair".

But for the meta reset... idk how much this bug was used (not more than 1 week if we believe that nobody noticed it before barath), but i think it's useless to freeze the current record time table, as not spamming ghost only affects uw (and maybe fow ?...). And also most of the previous records didn't use the bug imo.

Maybe records newly added just need to get a [post February 15] tag. It's pretty much the same but with the other way we would have to consider "new records" (maybe slowest) while the update didn't change a single thing in this area...

And btw, if you want to compete and prove you have the biggest, help me to set the tournament again, you'll have news soon to see who is still up.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

Meta redet +1 since Ghosts.
Tournament PM ME NALUA!

hudini
Site Admin
Site Admin
In-game name: Hudini Will Slice
Guild: FBGM

Post by hudini »

btw, some people knew about this bug before Barath so u can not really know who used/didnt use

Naliaaaa
In-game name: Nalia The Great
Guild: REV

Post by Naliaaaa »

Maybe this community just need trust ? When you have an uw record run with 5 POV's vid i think you can see if mobs are casting skills or not...
I still believe that most records in the current meta time table (Only elite areas, not dungeons, idgaf and idk a lot about them) were done without the bug, considering how and in which areas it would have been efficient and how much time could have been won.

But if someone wants to say *I used this bug to get a record in 2008 but i told nobody because fuck ducks*, almost all of us said it was ok and "no h4kz" so where's the problem ?

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

I'm sure that uw, solo fow, cof and soo are heavily affected by the changes (cannot eoe bomb ghosts anymore). I don't think other areas are affected but I might be wrong.

However, the whole bug thingy was fixed, and that affects everywhere. I don't have any issue with someone posting a record that used that bug, it'll go in the all-time table. But since it's not possible any more, table should be reset for fairness.

On the other hand, I agree that most if not all records on the table were done without the use of the bug and resetting the table is quite sad for the SC community - we would have to do a bunch of records that we did already using the exact same methods and that is quite annoying.

In conclusion, I don't know. uw/fow/soo/cof must be reset for sure, I don't know about everything else.

Befi
In-game name: Befi Goes Ele
Guild: [hC]

Post by Befi »

doa --> at fury

hudini
Site Admin
Site Admin
In-game name: Hudini Will Slice
Guild: FBGM

Post by hudini »

why would u even do that xD, so slow

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

Yea I actually tested ghosts on fury tried that a few times, but you either whirl it or you spike it, and ghosts are pointless, it dies quickly anyway. The only way I see ghost fury work is in 4man: in theory you could have 2 spikers yolospike, bring them <90% while someone else is spamming ghosts then hopefully everything dies (including half of your team). I wouldn't do that.

Jang
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Jang »

if it'd still work at fury andrew,fabi and me could get a strong trio doa so imo reset 8man