Barathbug

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Naliaaaa
In-game name: Nalia The Great
Guild: REV

Re: Barathbug

Post by Naliaaaa »

Hudini is so right he made me eat my keyboard.

And yet...

Every change in the game since now by Anet was done for only one purpose: make the game evolve and the players improve.
There have been so many beautiful changes in the speedclears teams since the beginning of this game:

Mobs can hit us through sf ? Nvm, let's just imagine a new team and a new way to complete uw.
Driders in uw randomly spam lava font and slow the reaper's spawn ? Nvm, i've noticed a little trick with a ghost than can make us even faster.
Scrolls were nerfed ? Nvm, let's imagine new ways to clean veil in DoA or bloodsucker's room in Urgoz faster.

I think most people agree with me, but the records established after all these nerfs require much more skill than before, even if they are slower. (If you don't agree, just watch the all-time duo urgoz record vid, and the vid i made with robin. Look at the times, the tactics, and how the runs goes...)

All these little things make this game beautiful, and i still want it to continue with this spirit.

But this... is screwing the speedclear game even if it's totally legit regarding the rules of this forum. Of course runs will be faster but it will not be because of the skill, only because any mobs from any area aren't allowed to cast anything anymore.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

There is no such Thing as skill in guildwars (pve).
You dont need a Single percent of mechanical skill to be The Best of all.
You Need a brain.
Tactics are the only thing that matters. And the circumstances for these are irrevelant.
We cannot call ourselves true speedclearers if we don't accept the fact that we want the fastest possible.

Now for the "trick":
You spam minis (finally some retard said it) and the surrounding foes try to target these. Gg.
This only works if you STAND STILL, move once and u are screwed.
This doesn't bring endless possibilities. And I'd love to see a solo uw happen! (pls pls) or a 15min faster solo foe (which isn't possible- maybe saves a min or two effectively) and yes 43/42 Min were possible b4 just a tiny bit of more luck).

And viva: I never insulted you.

hudini
Site Admin
Site Admin
In-game name: Hudini Will Slice
Guild: FBGM

Post by hudini »

ty nika.

Naliaaaa

Post by Naliaaaa »

Skill or brain means the same thing for me: every player in this game has not been gifted the same way :p .

Considering the amount of mobs you have to kill in every sc, YES this gives you an infinite amount of possibilities. Some will speed up, some will be useless (i've already thought of so many possibilities in every area that i should write them down before i forget them).

And as i said i accept this "trick" even if i find it's shit. I will just not give the same importance to the records established after this, but it's my opinion. The "best" players will now just be the ones who use this bug the smartest ways (which does not change a lot with all the glitches in every area, the only different thing is that this one works EVERYWHERE)

And +1 to solo uw with dhuum

Nika

Post by Nika »

And what was before? The players who'l figured out the smartest ways were also the best. :D
Sorry this makes no sense what you say.
This simply is another bug you use.
Using ghosts in uw to unglitch the dryers does basically the same. Using scrolls the smartest way does the same.
Like you said, the one with the best thoughts the best brain gets the record. Or in your words the one with the most "skill".

Kenny
In-game name: Kennys Ghost

Post by Kenny »

yeah it is possible without any 3rd party program but compared to glitching through walls/doors or stucking dhuum on a stone it is to strong and makes the game unattractive (in my opinion). I just did a t1 solo quest without killing one single skele. and personally I don't care if it's possible with or without any tools. In my eyes it makes GW boring and thats why we should make a poll if we accept this bug in records or not.

Kaspar
In-game name: Noobish Was Me
Guild: FBGM

Post by Kaspar »

Now accepting donations for solo uw

Nika

Post by Nika »

We totally should make a poll. Having more people vote than he accounts in existence!

Naliaaaa

Post by Naliaaaa »

Kenny wrote:yeah it is possible without any 3rd party program but compared to glitching through walls/doors or stucking dhuum on a stone it is to strong and makes the game unattractive (in my opinion). I just did a t1 solo quest without killing one single skele. and personally I don't care if it's possible with or without any tools. In my eyes it makes GW boring
What he said was my point.
Everything you say to prove me that "this is ok with the rules" or "using this bug the wisest way is the same as creating new tactics or using the current glitches", i totally agree with it and i've already said it.

Just preventing any mob that pisses you off for time purposes from casting anyting may make us do best times, but also will make it easier and BORING

/yawn

(Btw kenny, just have a look at the last poll we made here... Too many kids to make something serious)

Mikelton
In-game name: Spirit Of The Beer
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Post by Mikelton »

hudini wrote:what does that have to do with records? I understand u are biased because u dont want to lose ur solo doa record but seriously its not different from any other abuse.
are your serious? GG to whoever beats a current record using such a lame abuse. When i look at all those nice tactics and effort put into all of the records the players made in the past, i get sad when they are about to be beaten by somebody who perma klicks on a pet in case he got no tool for doing so.