Barathbug

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Naliaaaa
In-game name: Nalia The Great
Guild: REV

Re: Barathbug

Post by Naliaaaa »

Mikelton wrote: When i look at all those nice tactics and effort put into all of the records the players made in the past, i get sad when they are about to be beaten by somebody who perma clicks on a pet in case he got no tool for doing so.
+1, again

Marcin
In-game name: Marcin Fow Addict
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Marcin »

100% agree with Viva and mike. This is just abusing the game. Imo the ppl who wanna argue for this statement use it in their records their personally going for from reading this chat. This should be 100% nerfed otherwise we should make everyone vid to proove they didnt use this stupid bug when it comes to records.

Befi
In-game name: Befi Goes Ele
Guild: [hC]

Post by Befi »

lets do all 1 or 2 man records with no skill
#petspammingwithbot

dont tell me that ur not using one

Deadly Shadow Char

Post by Deadly Shadow Char »

There is not valid reason you can give to say that spamming a minipet is hacking/cheating. It is a bug that should be fixed and gives no group a certain advantage. Everyone can use it so before it gets nerfed why not try to get more records? I don't understand why people are complaining about something everyone can use to their advantage. It is like the old res scrolls that used to tp you. People complained but they were valid b/c it was a something on how the game was designed. You can scroll up in UW to get to dhuum faster after teleing to wastes, you could walk through DoA gates by dieing in the correct spot, etc... Quit crying and get records! go go

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back

Post by Nika »

You all seem to be unable to use your mind.
This does NOT GRANT IMMORTALITY.
This bug only (!) makes foes stop using skills when you DONT MOVE around them.
You have to be quite carefull when to use it and plan that.
Sure, it is helpful in a shitload of situations but doesnt change the basics.

You make a tacitc, even just a small one, like how to solo the T1 uw quest.
There is no difference weither you learn where the skele spawns, take 1-2 survival skills and then kill them. Or spam an item and do it.
This has nothign to do with skill!

There is no difference, weither you craft awesome tactics and manage to solo doa, or if you use the minipet wisely to do it in a different way.
THERE IS NOT LESS SKILL INVOLVED.
Also this doesn't work good against hungers, for example. Mikes tactic was even easier to find than this bug and the result turned out amazing.
WHAT IF BARATH HAD NOT TOLD US?
It's a fucking bug. Like a ghost glitch, like a worm glitch in fow, or anyhting. DS wouldve been able to make the most amazing tactics and noone of us knew anything. Nothing. We wouldnt be able to complain even.

Guildwars is all about tacitcs. And if you all are too proud of your tactical achievements of the past. Are afraid that ways come up that might require a tiny bit of less thinking than the previous ones, or generally are afraid of new tacitcs, maybe even more amazing ones. Then i am sorry.
Don't be the grandpas and grandmas too afraid to new things.

Records mean Records. Noone is forced to use minipets in casual runs. But doing the fastest time, means doing the fastest time. Not doing the second fastest time because other things would mean id have to remove a skill of my bar and add an item to my inventory.

Barath
In-game name: Arya Von Barath
Guild: [trip] (MY OLD LOVE) / [DS] (Gw1) / [Vs] (Gw2)

Post by Barath »

and btw nika: you can move... for me it worked to keep enemies in shoutrange. they also follow way longer. i pulled many skeletons around the world and they never used skills. also enemies which get out of your shoutrange(and the range of the minipet) (for example rangers) use skills.

Nika

Post by Nika »

In all my tests, whenever i had them settled and used the mini and then moved they used skills instantly after i moved. Weird.
I guess there is alot more to minis then we can imagine.

Barath

Post by Barath »

i wrote a simple macro which pops - and unpops a minipet all 0,3 seconds. you also can permanently click on the minipet but have fun with a destroyed finger then ;)

Nika

Post by Nika »

Clicking is what i do, works 100%fine for me, but for the moving.
Did it work for you with all mobs? Since some seem to behave different (longer/shorter glitch times).

Barath

Post by Barath »

yeah i also noticed that. hungers also glitch but it takes like 10-15 seconds until they stop using skills. i did the lab-pull solo as sin and spiked it with wastrels... and i moved... i dont know only tried it in uw for now. bugging enemies (in the 3er groups, like 1/3 dryder or 1/3 mindblade) still use skills, enemies have to attack. but i moved and it works everywhere while moving. i also moved with the hungers. and i thought i can play the old e/a t3 build again :( :)