Speedclear tournament will happen !!

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Naliaaaa
In-game name: Nalia The Great
Guild: REV

Speedclear tournament will happen !!

Post by Naliaaaa »

Hey

Thanks to your enthusiastic pms and reactions here, i will organize this speedclear tournament ! :)
(For a name i've thought of *who got the biggest* but i'm not sure yet)

A forum is being created, but also we have to talk a little about the rules so everyone will be satisfied (or not, but the majority will be)
So i don't think this is going to start before February.

In the next message you will be able to see the rules i've set for the moment.
Read them carefully, and give me your reactions. (I mostly wait for reactions on the inscription fee because i don't know how much will you guys pay to get the biggest, but also for the "total time" formula, depending on what do you consider as a casual run in every area)

Enjoy !

Naliaaaa

Re: Speedclear tournament will happen !!

Post by Naliaaaa »

Zee rules

General rules:

#1- Every team must have between 8 and 10 players (included). This is only for replacements during the speedruns phase. But still every area will have to be completed with maximum 8 people (even for deep and urgoz).
#2- There is no minimum player amount for the screens. If you are faster with 6man instead of 8 in Deep, screen will be accepted.
#3- A player can compete only in one team.
#4- 3 weeks will be given to train and do the best time in every area.
#5- The runs will be under the same rules as stated in the gwscr topic “record rules”. Toolbox use will be allowed for popping pcons, timer, etc.. But no third party program as telehacks, noclip or whatever.
#6- Every completed run you want to register will have to be screened by everyone in the team. For uw, at least 1 vid is required to be sure that telehack has not been used.
#7- The team with the best overall time wins.
#8- To ensure fairness, coefficients will be applied to the time of every area, based on a “casual” time of it, and make it to 30mn.

DoA: Casual 30mn || Coefficient: 1
FoW: Casual 9mn || Coefficient: 3,3
UW: Casual 20mn || Coefficient 1,5
Deep: Casual 15mn ||Coefficient 2
Urgoz: Casual 10mn || Coefficient 3

If you completed an area with less people than 8, same coefficients apply.

The formula to get the overall time is : Time=doa*1+fow*3,3+uw*1,5+deep*2+urgoz*3

#9- Any timer displayed on a screen will not be considered, only the /age : the seconds won’t matter for the overall time. If you do 12:59 uw, it’s a 12 if you screened fast enough ;)
#10- In case 2 teams are on tie for first, second or third place after the time given to complete the runs, they will have 2 days (from a moment the 2 team leaders will be both ok) to do the best time in an area of their choice. Coefficients will apply, and the fastest team wins.

#11- You will have to write a special codeword on every screen that is sent to me. the code word will be given at the start of the tournament

Inscription rules :

Every team who wants to complete will have to send me:

 Name of the team (or guild) and names of every member of the team

 You will also have to do the same with your alternative accounts if you are going to use them during the runs. Rule #2 also applies to alt accounts (you can’t compete in 2 teams even with 2 accounts). If this rule is broken, any run of the both teams with this person in it will not be accepted.
 Pay the inscription fee (see Rewarding rules for the amount)
 Name a “team leader” who will have the right (and duty) to post the screens and debate the rules with other leaders and me in case of conflict. The team leaders won’t have to take part in all the runs, they are only here for organization purposes.

Rewarding rules :

As stated before, an inscription fee of 15a/team will be asked at inscription.
Of course the winners will be rewarded, but only the 3 better teams.
1st : 50% of the total amount
2nd : 30% of the total amount
3rd : 20% of the total amount

Tournament will start early february, time for me to collect inscriptions and create the forum.
Last edited by Naliaaaa on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

I Shadow Keks I
In-game name: I Shadow Keks I
Guild: Dhuum Stucker [DS]

Post by I Shadow Keks I »

Maybe a codeword in the screen is easier than sending you a screen with the current /age. For example "speedclear tournament" has to be written in the chat before you take the screen.
Also 20a/team might be a bit much for poor people...but we'll see.

Naliaaaa

Post by Naliaaaa »

Vote *tg andrew* for codeword.
Oh no sry ppl say this way too often..

But i really like the idea, i think i will do this (less work for me afterwards :p )

And for the fee: 2 to 2,4 armbrace per person doesn't seem too expensive for me (and ask ppl around me, i am supertramp).
I also want the reward to be good enough.

But if too many people agree with you it'll go down

Befi
In-game name: Befi Goes Ele
Guild: [hC]

Post by Befi »

why math that shit?
just plus the times of every area, it ill be the fairest

Naliaaaa

Post by Naliaaaa »

Every area has to be on the same lvl.
So i want the team who will do the best time in fow to be as much rewarded as the team who does the best doa time, that's all..
Last edited by Naliaaaa on Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charlo
In-game name: I Lily Whirlwind I
Guild: SenT / RIP

Post by Charlo »

" Name a “team leader” who will have the right (and duty) to post the screens and debate the rules with other leaders and me in case of conflict. The team leaders won’t have to take part in all the runs, they are only here for organization purposes."

So the team leader will not compete ? :'(

Naliaaaa

Post by Naliaaaa »

Of course he can, but i meant it's not compulsory for him to be in all the runs

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

These rules are quite epic.
Include the "#sctournament20145" also in the inscription-screen no need for you in screen :)
Make it 15a. We rly are poor as fuck^^

Hektor
In-game name: Nik Ele

Post by Hektor »

I'd like to get an exact date for the tournament soon so that people can check whether they got time or not.
I'm personally gonna go on vacation early February that's why I'd like to know if it even makes sense for me ;)