- Your record must be submitted as a video and must be posted on GWSCR and adhere by its rules.
- I’m not interested in ties - you must set a new record or beat an existing one.
- Second-based records (most Factions missions) must be beaten by at least 10 seconds.
- I will not accept any new records that use more than 2 heroes AND take longer than 30 minutes. You can use heroes, or you can take longer than half an hour, but you can’t do both, unless you are beating an existing record.
- You must hold the record for one week, starting from the moment I accept your submission. If it gets beaten in that time, no prize for you.
- I will only accept one submission at a time, in the order that they’re posted on GWSCR. For example, if someone posts a record on the 1st day of the month, and the next post is yours, your submission will be accepted on the 8th. I reserve the right to accept submissions earlier than a week apart.
- TAS, Standard, and Pure in accordance to GWSCR rules will not be counted separately for this. If you submit a record that is considered TAS, it will still be compared to that of Standard or Pure and vice versa. On GWSCR it will be separated, but for the purpose of this specifically it will not.
- The prize will be shared evenly between your party members.
- I reserve the right to withhold the prize if I feel that the spirit of the contest has in any way been violated, although I strongly doubt it will be necessary to invoke this rule.
- I may have to delay giving the prize if I don’t have enough ectos and you can’t give me change for armbraces.
- I reserve the right to end this contest if and when I need to. I hope to keep it open for quite a long time though, if there is interest.
Why am I doing this?
There hasn’t been a great deal of interest in VQ and mission records; almost all are currently held by a small handful of people. I want to motivate the general community to get involved, hopefully providing some competition to motivate me to beat some more records!
How do I have so much money to give away?
I do a LOT of DoASC. I don’t collect expensive oldschool weapons or minis or anything, so I spend pretty much all my income on cons and giveaways.
Dude, nobody cares about your stupid mission records.
That’s not entirely true - enough people cared to make it a category on GWSCR, and maybe this contest will bring out some more interest.
Using cons and PvE skills makes this too easy - where’s the challenge?
Try for yourself and see how easy it is to set a record. The prize money should more than pay for your cons and make it worth your while!
Can I submit multiple records for the same area?
So long as it’s considered a distinct record by GWSCR rules, yes. You can even beat your own record later and win the prize again.
If I have heroes in my party, do I get their share of the prize?
No, I will keep your heroes’ share of the prize.
Do I still get a prize if I do a mission record with you?
Yup, you still get your share of the prize.